Friday, May 1, 2015

Tenure Binder version 2.0

The Tenure Binder

One year ago today, I applied for tenure and was denied. I do not know why. That is something teachers are not told. There's no rule that says if you deny a teacher tenure that you must give them some kind of feedback so they know why. And it's probably because it has nothing to do with the individual. It's all a numbers game and "they" can't give too many teachers tenure. That would look bad. Today, I revamped my binder and sent it off to the Superintendent's Office. Now, I wait.

Here is a tiny glimpse of what I included in my binder.



Impact on Student Learning: Evidence of Student Growth



Professional Responsibilities: Evidence of Participation in the Professional Community


Teacher Practice: Evidence of Planning and Preparation


No comments:

Post a Comment